How to Work with a Professional Interior Designer
Okay, So What’s Your Role in the Process of Making Your Dream Home Come True?
Before contacting an Interior Designer, take some time to think about what you need. The first step in this process is to consider some questions that will be asked regarding your project:
- For whom is the space being designed?
- What activities will take place there?
- How long do you plan to occupy the space?
- What is your time frame?
- What is your budget?
- Are you relocating or remodeling?
- What image do you want to project?
- What is the approximate square footage to be designed?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t worry. Your Interior Designer will lead you through the design process. The more information you provide, the more successful the Designer will be in meeting your needs and expectations. You may want to provide visual images (corporate logos, magazine photographs) of environments that reflect your personal taste. You will be working closely with the Designer, who will listen to your ideas and concerns and help you to achieve the desired end result.